Know the Stats
- One in every four women in the U.S. report having experienced physical violence by an intimate partner at some point in their lifetime.
- National domestic violence related costs exceed $5.8 billion annually, including $4.1 billion in health care expenses.
- One in five teens will experience dating abuse in Arizona.
- Emerge! answers nearly 5,500 calls on its crisis hotline every year.
- Last year, Emerge! provided 19,723 safe nights for women and children. There are over 12,000 domestic violence calls to 911 in Pima County each year.
- In Arizona, a child witnesses a domestic violence incident every 44 minutes.
- On average, someone in Arizona dies every three days due to domestic violence.